Return To Eden is a large and spacious open-air pontoon type houseboat. Having recently been refurbished, this double decked houseboat offers guests air conditioned rooms and a splash pool on the bottom deck, amongst other things.
Child friendly and ideal for large family getaways for up to 16 people.
- Enjoy six spacious cabins, each with two single beds (or one combined king size bed), mosquito nets, and a 15 amp (round pin) plug with two USB ports.
- Each room has its own en-suite bathroom with toilet, shower, and hand basin.
- Each room is air-conditioned. Please note that the generator will be switched off at 10pm according to government stipulated lake rules. Air conditioners will therefore not run after this time.
- Four additional single beds (sleeper couches) available on the top deck, with a shared bathroom (shower, basin, toilet).
- All toilet paper, bath towels and linen are provided.
- Crew on board includes the captain, chef, and deckhand.
- Type of boat: Pontoon
- Hull: Twin steel pontoons
- Size: 22m x 7m (75ft x 22ft)
- Engines: 2 x Nissan, 6 Cylinder
- Cruising speed: 6 Knots
- Power supply: Solar panels with 1.5kva, 220V inverter, plus 20kva 220V generator.
- Tender boats: Two skimmer mini pontoon tender boats with outboard engines available for game viewing, fishing, and sunset cruises in the vicinity of the houseboat. These will comfortably carry 8 to 14 guests between them. Please note: Tender boats are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat in stead of one of the houseboat tenders (bring own rope and fuel).
- Speed boats can also be hired from Marineland.
- The kitchen is well fitted and equipped, with electric and gas stoves.
- Cold space: One refrigerator and two large deep freezers available.
- Extra freezer/ice box available behind the bar.
- Braai: Gas braai on board.
- Catering could be pre-arranged with your booking agent. Alternatively self-caterers can supply their own groceries to our chef, who will use what you bring to cook up delicious meals.
- Sun deck: Offers sun beds and comfortable garden suite for the sun lovers. This deck is cooled by surrounding misters.
- Top deck: Extremely spacious with a fully enclosed saloon. Fitted with two dining tables and chairs to seat 12 people. Extra seating can be arranged using the table and chairs from the outdoor area. Large bar counter (also accessible from the sun deck), with large ice box to keep those well deserved drinks cool.
- Lower deck: Contains a lovely shaded splash pool and cooling misters, as well as a separate bathroom for general use.
- Return To Eden is moored at Charara in Kariba, Zimbabwe.
- Boarding time: Latest set-off time is strictly 2pm in winter and 2:30pm in summer. Sleeping in the harbour is not permitted, so if you do not make it in time you would have to find alternate accommodation at your own expense, and set off the next morning.
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blankets
- Radio equipment
- Basic first aid kit
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats, two stroke oil, and generator.
- Return To Eden will consume approximately 90 litres of diesel per night and each tender will use approximately 15 litres of petrol and one bottle of two stroke oil per night.
- Please note: The above fuel usage is an estimation for your reference and actual amount consumed will vary with routing.
- All meals and drinks
- Personal toiletries
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- Fishing requirements, i.e. rods, bait and tackle packs, etc.
- Swimming towels